Operations and Administration
Here’s an overview of the internal workings of the agency and the roles of various departments
Administration and Supplies Department
- The Department is in charge of human management and control;
- Responsible for Administrative development planning;
- In charge of general administration matters.
Finance and Accounts Department
- Preparation of annual budget of the MDA;
- Preparation of monthly financial report;
- Maintenance of adequate security restriction of unauthorized access to the books of accounts;
- Ensures remittance of Revenue generated by the MDA’s into Designated government bank account.
- The section performs the managerial control by measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the internal control system;
- Provision of a complete and continuous auditing of the accounts and records of revenue and expenditures, assets, allocated and not allocated stores where applicable;
- Safeguarding the assets of the Government by making sure that extant rules and regulations are strictly adhere to by the existence of adequate internal checks;
- Establishes a system for the control of expenditures and making sure that expenditure is adequate and that all payments made are properly authorized for the correct amount and that they are paid to the right person(s), classified to the correct heads and sub-heads and for the purpose for which they were authorized.
General Duties Department
This section performs general administrative duties and render help to other departments as at when due.